|Engineering Investigations creates blog space for engineers to describe how they cracked a baffling technical problem and talk about ingenious solutions they developed to solve it. It celebrates your achievements and inspires others to follow suit.|
2013 - Apr., Mar., Feb.
2012 - Dec., Nov., Oct., Sep.
Posted: 09:20:02 PM, 12/03/2013
The iWatch is getting close
We are all aware that flexible PC boards have been around for a while, in fact I can remember using them in avionics back in the 80s. More recently we have seen other aspects of an electronic system becoming more flexible. Apple clearly sees that before long, touch screen displays will be flexible and allow iDevices to be created that can take on different form factors. A few weeks ago, Apple had a patent application publish (notes – this does not mean that the patent has been awarded, only that the application has been published for everyone to see) that talks about the capabilities that such a device may have. The application number is 20130044215.
The abstract states: A wearable accessory device is disclosed. The wearable accessory device includes a flexible display coupled to a bi-stable spring. Coupling the display to the bi-stable spring allows the accessory device to be easily worn in a number of convenient locations.
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM
Posted:05/03/13 05:10 PM
• Is Ada prepped for mainstream embed...
Posted:26/02/13 08:38 PM
Posted:05/03/13 05:22 PM
• Is a RIM comeback possible?
Posted:08/02/13 06:49 PM
Posted:22/11/12 08:56 PM
• Understand initialization of polymo...
Posted:24/10/12 06:16 PM
- EMI SUPPRESSION WHAT IS MCU MCU
- IGBT MODULE WIZARDLINK LED INDICATOR
- RF SIGNAL OBO-30AL1 APAC MARKET
- WHAT IS RTL MCU DEVICE ACPI\IBM0071
- POE SYSTEM MINCHIP RF SIGNALS
- GALLIUM PHOSPHIDE NITRIDE"" WHAT IS IGBT MODULE RF FRONT END MODULE
- DFM TECHNIQUES 65NM PROCESS MEMORY IC
- WHAT IS SENSOR ACPI IBM0071 MCU CORE
- MXT1386 DATASHEET SUNPOWER PHILIPPINES LVDS VIDEO INTERFACE
- CPLD VERSION POE MEANS RTL SEMICONDUCTOR
- SILICON TUNER SPARTAN 3E SPANSION KOREA
- PROCESSOR SPARTAN 3E HOW MANY CHANNELS ON WM9711L
- IGBT TECHNOLOGY WHAT IS IGBT TECHNOLOGY IGBT STAND FOR
- AOU TAIWAN LED TV STAND FOR BRAZIL SEMICONDUCTOR