Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs-Article content Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(281)     Visits(199777)     Comments(55)     Votes(204)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2014 -  Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2012 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Comment | Add to Favorites

Posted: 07:10:02 PM, 07/01/2014

Number-related comic strip

It seems that Luke Miller, a freelance FPGA design consultant and EE Times blogger, has a hidden talent for cartooning.

Luke's recent project was the design of a GPS-Driven, FPGA-Decoded Nixie Tube Speedometer (I so want one of these little beauties in my own truck). Well, I just discovered that Luke has been dabbling at creating his own cartoon strip called "A Few Good Bits..." For example, I particularly like the cartoon titled "a 2's compliment":

And Luke's more recent entry from last year's Thanksgiving holiday was titled "Thanksgiving Pi" as shown below:

Now I'm wondering how long Luke can keep this going. How many more number-related jokes are there? I look forward to seeing his next offering. In the meantime, I must admit to being a tad envious. Now I want my own cartoon strip. But what should I call it?

Views(453) Comments(0)
Total [3] users voted     
[Last update: 07:10:37 PM, 07/01/2014]
CONTACT US TO OWN A BLOGNew!  

Have Your Say!

Got something to say? Why not share itwith other engineers?

CONTACT US TO OWN ONE!

SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID?

eeBlogs

• Kangaroo Bot: A shining star
Posted:14/04/14 08:15 PM
• Sloppy method tarnishes stem cell r...
Posted:14/04/14 10:30 AM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• The "anything machine" is here agai...
Posted:23/04/14 06:30 PM
• ARM shifts to open source LLVM comp...
Posted:15/04/14 06:15 PM

• Semiconductor industry goes past $3...
Posted:05/12/13 09:57 PM
• Is Moore's Law still relevant? Does...
Posted:11/08/13 02:56 PM
Back