Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(345)     Visits(253300)     Comments(71)     Votes(220)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2014 -  Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2012 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 05:06:25 PM, 30/10/2014
A member of the EETimes community who prefers to remain anonymous sent me a rather interesting email several days ago. This message was as follows:   Hello Max, I've got a fun project idea. Since I know I will never get around to making this thing, I'm giving you the idea and the ri......

Vote(0)

Views(9)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 05:44:33 PM, 29/10/2014
As part of my ongoing Pedagogical and Phantasmagorical Inamorata Prognostication Engine project (try saying that 10 times quickly), I'm working with Jason Dueck from Instrument Meter Specialties to create a suite of new faceplates for my antique analogue meters.   I showed an early vers......

Vote(0)

Views(25)

Posted: 05:56:49 PM, 28/10/2014
In my previous blog on the topic of my Vetinari Clock project, we considered a number of possibilities for the positioning of switches on the front panel, and we ended up with a number of contenders that we named Options A through G. Well, I hate to flog a dead horse (or a live one, for that ......

Vote(0)

Views(33)

Posted: 07:40:23 PM, 27/10/2014
Things are going merrily along with regard to my uber-cool Vetinari Clock project. The wooden cabinet is being handcrafted by my chum Bob (a master carpenter) using an amazing aluminum-colored veneer on the front of the enclosure.   An amazing aluminum-colored veneer.   This cabine......

Vote(0)

Views(34)

Posted: 05:06:53 PM, 24/10/2014
Several days ago, my chum Paul was visiting me in my office. He'd wandered over from his cubicle in the next bay to take a brief coffee break.  Paul had been admiring the current state of play of my Inamorata Prognostication Engine, so while he was here, I opened my browser and brought up......

Vote(0)

Views(34)

Posted: 06:50:50 PM, 23/10/2014
Well, the excitement is escalating, let me tell you. I'm happy to say that both my Inamorata Prognostication Engine and my Ultra-Macho Prognostication Engine projects are currently racing "full steam ahead."   Having made the final selections on exactly which antique analog me......

Vote(0)

Views(40)

Posted: 09:30:01 PM, 22/10/2014
In a previous column, I described how I'd been introduced to Jason Dueck and his colleagues at Instrument Meter Specialties. These guys and gals are experts in anything and everything to do with both antique and modern meters, including repairing and restoring the little beauties.   ......

Vote(0)

Views(46)

Posted: 06:21:04 PM, 21/10/2014
Anyone knowledgeable of the specifications of telecom protocols will recognize that they are both detailed and complex. So it is surprising -- especially given the revelations of whistle blowers such as Edward Snowdon and the current cyber security fixation -- that the Optical Transport Network (O......

Vote(0)

Views(34)

Posted: 04:10:59 PM, 15/10/2014
I am the luckiest of lucky little scamps. Why so? Well, I don’t think we need to dwell on my legendary good looks. Also, the fact that I'm a trend-setter and leader in fashion goes without saying. What I'm talking about is the way in which the fates seem to throw the dice of life so ......

Vote(0)

Views(78)

Posted: 04:01:45 PM, 15/10/2014
Do you remember my recent blog about the Dr. Duino diagnostic shield that you can use to diagnose problems in your Arduino Uno and chipKIT Uno32 shield stacks?     Designed by Guido Bonelli Jr., this little scamp was a successfully funded Kickstarter Project. Well, I was just rootin......

Vote(0)

Views(50)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• Disregard marketing at your own ris...
Posted:30/09/14 08:34 PM
• Chronicles of test capacity managem...
Posted:16/09/14 04:50 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• The perils of software/hardware hom...
Posted:18/09/14 05:39 PM
• How secure is the IoT?
Posted:20/08/14 06:53 PM

• Semiconductor industry goes past $3...
Posted:05/12/13 09:57 PM
• Is Moore's Law still relevant? Does...
Posted:11/08/13 02:56 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back