Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(430)     Visits(465637)     Comments(79)     Votes(234)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2016 -  Feb.,   Jan.  
2015 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2014 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 07:03:58 PM, 05/02/2016
I am a weak-willed man and I cannot help myself. I tried to stop, but I failed miserably. I used every argument my conscious brain I could think of, but all to no avail. In the end, I succumbed to the promises of delectation and delight my unconscious brain was whispering seductively in my ear, an......

Vote(0)

Views(22)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 06:25:42 PM, 22/01/2016
One of the artifacts I've long been planning on featuring in my Caveman Diorama is an H.G. Wells-esque Time Machine (see also Caveman Floodlights).   Over the past few months, I've spent a lot of time trying to work out how to create this model. In fact, I recently invested is a......

Vote(0)

Views(61)

Posted: 06:02:51 PM, 21/01/2016
I must say, there are so many things going on in my world at the moment that it's making my head spin. In the case of my Caveman Diorama, for example, I have some mega-exciting news with regard to some of the artifacts (see Caveman floodlight design). For the purposes of this column, however, ......

Vote(0)

Views(62)

Posted: 05:57:22 PM, 21/01/2016
Several of my hobby projects are progressing merrily. Take my Capriciously Cunning Chronograph, for example. I'm happy to report that the robot arm did a wonderful job of this, and the back of my chronograph now looks almost as good as the front!   Also, my Caveman Diorama project is c......

Vote(0)

Views(60)

Posted: 12:15:10 PM, 23/12/2015
There are times when I feel as though I'm walking around with blinkers on, because I discover there are all sorts of things going on around me of which I'm blissfully unaware (if the saying "ignorance is bliss" is true, that would go somewhat to explain why I'm such a jolly h......

Vote(0)

Views(106)

Posted: 08:17:15 PM, 17/12/2015
System-on-Chip (SoC) devices are increasing in size and becoming more complex day-by-day, with ever-increasing numbers of intellectual property (IP) blocks combined with humongous quantities of custom ("secret sauce") functionality. Not surprisingly, designing and verifying these devices......

Vote(0)

Views(119)

Posted: 07:50:10 PM, 17/12/2015
Real-time locating systems (RTLS) are utilised to automatically identify and track the location of objects or people in real time, usually within a building or other contained area.   The Global Positioning System (GPS) is often used in the case of outdoor RTLS deployments, but GPS signals......

Vote(0)

Views(130)

Posted: 05:57:53 PM, 03/11/2015
Before we begin, I should remind you that I am a hardware design engineer by trade -- I am in no way a paid-up member of the software cognoscenti -- so when it comes to creating code, I'm largely reduced to making things up as I go along.   Of course, this sometimes ends up with my fee......

Vote(0)

Views(640)

Posted: 09:17:47 PM, 30/10/2015
An RTOS Smackdown hosted and moderated by yours truly was a fun event comprising a series of five-minute presentations followed by a question and answer session.   We started with one industry expert explaining why one should never use an RTOS, followed by a second expert describing why one......

Vote(0)

Views(233)

Posted: 09:31:24 PM, 23/10/2015
I am not sure why it is that I find the Steampunk look-and-feel so tasty, as it were. There are, of course, many different flavors, but I particularly favor the mix of dark polished wood and aged brass, as exemplified by my Bodacious Acoustic Diagnostic Astoundingly Superior Spectromatic (BADASS) ......

Vote(0)

Views(320)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• Modern-day engineering notebooks
Posted:21/01/16 05:50 PM
• Meetings will persist until morale ...
Posted:28/08/15 10:09 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• Platform-independent way to generat...
Posted:02/10/15 06:21 PM
• Yes, phone market can still grow
Posted:11/09/15 08:57 PM

• Further on IoT opportunities for se...
Posted:05/05/15 03:18 PM
• New opportunities for Singapore sem...
Posted:16/02/15 06:21 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back