Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(444)     Visits(507252)     Comments(79)     Votes(235)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2016 -  Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2015 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2014 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 05:59:25 PM, 29/04/2016
Our Caveman Diorama is going to boast a Time Portal, thereby explaining my presence in the scene.   Cardboard prototype of Time Portal (Source: Max Maxfield & Mike Mittlebeeler)   Well, we've finally gotten around to powering up our 2.8" display from Adafruit and, as u......

Vote(0)

Views(20)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 05:42:39 PM, 18/04/2016
Just to make sure we're all tap dancing to the same drum beat, let's remind ourselves that, sometime ago, I ran across some mega-cool Nixie tube constructions and I was so excited by what I saw that I decided to build one of my very own.   The key players in this drama are Paul Par......

Vote(0)

Views(82)

Posted: 05:17:52 PM, 15/04/2016
Several weeks ago I was meandering my way around my office building when I ran across my chums Ivan and Darryl playing with a new toy that Darryl had picked up on eBay.   This little rascal (the toy, not Darryl) turned out to be a component tester. I have to say that I was pretty amazed......

Vote(0)

Views(50)

Posted: 11:39:53 AM, 24/03/2016
I must confess that I found myself a tad disgruntled yesterday morning. As I was meandering across the bay outside my office on the way to the kitchen to grab a well-earned mug of coffee, I happened to glance at my Cunning Chronograph to bask in the glow of its display, only to discover that it wa......

Vote(0)

Views(139)

Posted: 11:37:04 AM, 24/03/2016
I love the Maker Movement and the fact that so many folks are now coming up with crackerjack contraptions and gripping gizmos. As a case in point, I just heard from Stephen Fraleigh, who is an engineer at Alorium Technology.   As an aside, the guys and gals at Alorium are the ones who c......

Vote(0)

Views(146)

Posted: 06:34:02 PM, 21/03/2016
You must have seen the classic Pipe Dream Video on YouTube. This was the fifth track from Animusic's first DVD, and it still blows my mind to this day.   As an aside, I have both the Animusic 1 and 2 DVDs and I can sit and watch them for hours. I've been awaiting the release of ......

Vote(0)

Views(79)

Posted: 06:27:46 PM, 21/03/2016
A few days ago, I wrote about Nighttime Aerial Drone Ballet. This little rascal boasted a video showing a large number of drones flying at night with their movements and accompanying light display choreographed to match a live performance of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony.   I was ori......

Vote(0)

Views(70)

Posted: 05:43:52 PM, 19/03/2016
My chum Arthur Smith in the UK  is the man who balances being an expert in Cosmic Ray research with beekeeping and creating homemade soap -- not a combination of skills you tend to run across very often.   Well, knowing of my interest in drones and flashing lights, Arthur just sent......

Vote(0)

Views(77)

Posted: 05:24:26 PM, 19/03/2016
As part of my on-going Caveman Diorama project, we've nowcome to the stage where we need to consider how to implement the fire around which a miniature version of yours truly and his cavemen companions will be relaxing, mulling over the events of the day, and commenting on the quality of the m......

Vote(0)

Views(87)

Posted: 09:36:24 PM, 18/03/2016
Some time last year, the folks at Silego offered 25 free GPAK4 development kits to whoever could tempt me with the tastiest of tempting ideas for GPAK4-related projects.   I tend to think of GPAKs as teeny-tiny mixed-signal FPGAs that you can design and program in just a few minutes and th......

Vote(0)

Views(79)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• Modern-day engineering notebooks
Posted:21/01/16 05:50 PM
• Meetings will persist until morale ...
Posted:28/08/15 10:09 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• Platform-independent way to generat...
Posted:02/10/15 06:21 PM
• Yes, phone market can still grow
Posted:11/09/15 08:57 PM

• Further on IoT opportunities for se...
Posted:05/05/15 03:18 PM
• New opportunities for Singapore sem...
Posted:16/02/15 06:21 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back