Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(356)     Visits(266614)     Comments(73)     Votes(222)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2014 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2012 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 07:04:17 PM, 15/12/2014
I've been meaning to bring everyone up to date as to the current state of play with regard to my various hobby projects, but so much is going on that I never seem to find the time.   For example, I spent a large part of this past weekend working on my BADASS Display. Even though the fro......

Vote(0)

Views(56)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 03:26:26 PM, 08/12/2014
I must say I am in a bit of a quandary. Things are racing merrily along with regard to several of my hobby projects, including my Vetinari Clock and my Inamorata Prognostication Engine, but now I've hit a stumbling block.   The thing is that I'm planning on equipping both of the......

Vote(0)

Views(76)

Posted: 05:59:42 PM, 04/12/2014
My wife, Gina The Gorgeous, is quite fond of animals. She has two stupid dogs and two stupid cats. How stupid are they? Well, allow me to show you this video of the dogs that I made a couple of years ago.   But I fear we are getting ahead of ourselves, so let's return to the tortuous......

Vote(0)

Views(44)

Posted: 06:48:42 PM, 03/12/2014
My chum Rick Curl dropped into my office several days ago. We had both decided that we desperately needed some face-to-face time to talk about the current Doctor Who (our feelings are mixed at the moment), and also to try to wrap our brains around the implications of the last episode of the curren......

Vote(0)

Views(62)

Posted: 06:30:17 PM, 02/12/2014
I got a rather thought-provoking email from a young lad called Irmo van den Berge -- one of three students who have recently launched an interesting open source Phoenard Kickstarter campaign.     There's so much to this little beauty that it's difficult to know where to star......

Vote(0)

Views(54)

Posted: 09:36:54 PM, 23/11/2014
When I was a young boy -- say around six years old circa 1963 -- my mom and dad and I would go to the seaside for a week in the summer every year. We were accompanied by my Uncle Eric ("Bing"), my Auntie Joyce, and my cousin Anna, who was (and still is) a year older than yours truly. &n......

Vote(1)

Views(205)

Posted: 04:08:09 PM, 21/08/2014
Hmmm, it appears that the title of this column has the potential to be a tad confusing. I'm not talking about music suppressors that are really annoying -- I'm more concerned with finding something that can help me suppress really annoying music. Let me elucidate (don't try this at hom......

Vote(0)

Views(157)

Posted: 06:13:05 PM, 12/11/2014
Well, things are bouncing cheerily along, as they do. With regard to my previous column about locking down the final layout for my Vetinari Clock, we've pretty much boiled things down to the two choices shown below.       In the upper image, we have our tree-switch group......

Vote(0)

Views(153)

Posted: 07:19:46 PM, 10/11/2014
Well, we're at a pivotal point. I'm poised to lock down the final layout for the front panel for my Vetinari Clock project. We've explored several alternatives scenarios in earlier columns (see this blog and this one too), and now I'd like to hear your thoughts on the final conten......

Vote(0)

Views(111)

Posted: 02:57:19 PM, 07/11/2014
I just got an email from my chum Rick Curl, who poses a rather interesting question. Rick's query was as follows:   Hi Max -- just a random thought -- have you noticed that if you take a container of loose surface-mount components and shake it up, most of the components end up with the ......

Vote(0)

Views(142)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• Collaborative approach: Does it wor...
Posted:10/12/14 06:57 PM
• Learn about the engineering desk-to...
Posted:02/12/14 07:19 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• The perils of software/hardware hom...
Posted:18/09/14 05:39 PM
• How secure is the IoT?
Posted:20/08/14 06:53 PM

• More than hardware sockets - Opport...
Posted:01/12/14 06:09 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back