Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(366)     Visits(275149)     Comments(76)     Votes(225)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2015 -  Jan.  
2014 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 06:56:41 PM, 21/01/2015
Several days ago, when I started my truck after a night when the temperatures had plummeted to well below freezing, I observed a warning light glaring at me balefully from the console.   Of course this couldn’t say something useful like "Check Engine." Instead, the message w......

Vote(0)

Views(19)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 07:08:54 PM, 12/01/2015
I don’t know what it is about them, but I am quite keen on using antique analogue meters as part of my hobby projects. I guess I just love the Steampunk genre, plus these meters add a certain "robustness" to one's designs.   I pick these meters up at Hamfests and electro......

Vote(0)

Views(107)

Posted: 09:01:57 PM, 10/01/2015
I was looking around the Internet (as is my wont) when I ran across this t-shirt, which caught my eye and caused me to pause for a moment's contemplation.     This little rascal made me think of a number of things. First of all, it reminded me of a number of IT guys I've run......

Vote(0)

Views(122)

Posted: 08:13:35 PM, 08/01/2015
In the US, comdian Jeff Foxworthy is known for his "You might be a redneck if …" jokes.   Typical examples might be along the lines of: You might be a redneck if … … you ever cut your grass and found a car. … you own a home that's mobile and five ......

Vote(1)

Views(90)

Posted: 07:02:36 PM, 07/01/2015
I remember when the first iPad came out deep in the mists of time we used to call 2010. Actually, that's only four years ago, but it seems like a lifetime away -- I mean; can you remember a world without iPads?   When the very first iPad appeared on the scene, I looked around my off......

Vote(0)

Views(76)

Posted: 06:45:38 PM, 07/01/2015
The JESD204 serial interface standard -- the latest version of which is the JESD204B revision -- was  developed under the auspices of the JEDEC committee to standardize and reduce the number of data inputs/outputs between high-speed data converters, such as analog-to-digital converters and di......

Vote(0)

Views(57)

Posted: 09:18:20 PM, 05/01/2015
This is a followup to my previous blog on this topic, the "crux of the biscuit" being that I need a sound effects shield for my Arduino/chipKIT-powered hobby projects.   In the case of my Vetinari Clock, for example, I want to start with a "tick-tock" sound, and I wa......

Vote(0)

Views(84)

Posted: 09:57:25 PM, 30/12/2014
Good grief--how time flies! I first determined to build my Bodacious Acoustic Diagnostic Astoundingly Superior Spectromatic (BADASS) display way back in the mists of time we used to call April 2014, so this project has already been running for around two thirds of a year.   On the one h......

Vote(0)

Views(83)

Posted: 06:59:52 PM, 22/12/2014
Unusually for me, I was not wearing my happy face several days ago, nor did I perform a single happy dance. The reason for this sad state of affairs started when I arrived at my office at the crack of dawn and powered up the main tower computer that drives the three 28-inch monitors forming my des......

Vote(1)

Views(188)

View Article    Comment(3)

Posted: 08:44:18 PM, 18/12/2014
When I returned home from work a few nights ago, I discovered my wife (Gina The Gorgeous) happily working on our Christmas decorations. As part of this extravaganza, Gina was activating some battery-powered garlands festooned with LEDs that she was planning on draping around our front door (well, ......

Vote(0)

Views(166)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• Collaborative approach: Does it wor...
Posted:10/12/14 06:57 PM
• Learn about the engineering desk-to...
Posted:02/12/14 07:19 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• A look at the many names of IoT
Posted:22/01/15 07:08 PM
• The perils of software/hardware hom...
Posted:18/09/14 05:39 PM

• New Power - and the Semiconductor c...
Posted:18/01/15 10:49 PM
• More than hardware sockets - Opport...
Posted:01/12/14 06:09 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back