Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(373)     Visits(284556)     Comments(77)     Votes(225)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2015 -  Feb.,   Jan.  
2014 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 09:20:08 PM, 27/02/2015
I recently got an email from a reader named Abraham who posed an interesting question as follows: Hello Max, Happy New Year to you and thanks for all the information you send out to us. This is my first personal mail to you, although I have been your close and constant follower for a long tim......

Vote(0)

Views(5)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 06:53:39 PM, 23/02/2015
I don't care what my dear old mom thinks, I honestly don’t think I have attention deficit disorder (ADD), although... Ooh, shiny!   I'm sorry. Where were we? Oh yes, I remember. I'm quite happy with my own company, and on those rare occasions when I'm trapped somewhere......

Vote(0)

Views(142)

Posted: 08:14:40 PM, 20/02/2015
Whilst on the way into work several days ago, I heard on the radio that Apple is doing exceptionally well on the stock market these days. I don’t know why I care, because I don’t own any stock per se, but I must admit to having an interest in Apple having once met "The Woz," ......

Vote(0)

Views(41)

Posted: 08:57:58 PM, 11/02/2015
My friend David Ashton from Australia tells me that his local Microchip Technology representative includes a "Joke of the Month" in his communications. David was kind enough to share this month's chuckle with me as follows:   Murphy's Law: Part 1 Nothing is as easy as it......

Vote(0)

Views(75)

Posted: 06:20:33 PM, 05/02/2015
This is a funny old world and no mistake. I was sitting in the Pleasure Dome (my office) happily beavering away when someone dropped a package on my desk. When I opened this unexpected container, I discovered an SP-5000 Solar Media Player from the folks at Secur Products.     This......

Vote(0)

Views(73)

Posted: 08:22:08 PM, 02/02/2015
Well, I have to admit that I have a great big Cheshire Cat-type grin plastered on my face at the moment, because the prototype for my Vetinari Clock project is now well underway.   Just to tease you, let's start with a small photo showing the current state of play, and then I'......

Vote(0)

Views(98)

Posted: 08:02:24 PM, 29/01/2015
Until recently, I was under the impression that my computer system in general -- and my precious data in particular -- was reasonably secure against the forces of evil, but then my eyes were opened to the grim and grizzly truth.   As you may recall, a little over a month ago, my main wo......

Vote(0)

Views(90)

Posted: 06:56:41 PM, 21/01/2015
Several days ago, when I started my truck after a night when the temperatures had plummeted to well below freezing, I observed a warning light glaring at me balefully from the console.   Of course this couldn’t say something useful like "Check Engine." Instead, the message w......

Vote(0)

Views(71)

Posted: 07:08:54 PM, 12/01/2015
I don’t know what it is about them, but I am quite keen on using antique analogue meters as part of my hobby projects. I guess I just love the Steampunk genre, plus these meters add a certain "robustness" to one's designs.   I pick these meters up at Hamfests and electro......

Vote(0)

Views(153)

Posted: 09:01:57 PM, 10/01/2015
I was looking around the Internet (as is my wont) when I ran across this t-shirt, which caught my eye and caused me to pause for a moment's contemplation.     This little rascal made me think of a number of things. First of all, it reminded me of a number of IT guys I've run......

Vote(0)

Views(166)

View Article    Comment(1)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• My mobile device gets even more per...
Posted:20/02/15 08:53 PM
• Collaborative approach: Does it wor...
Posted:10/12/14 06:57 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• Why IoT in the home is a security F...
Posted:27/02/15 09:04 PM
• A look at the many names of IoT
Posted:22/01/15 07:08 PM

• New opportunities for Singapore sem...
Posted:16/02/15 06:21 PM
• New Power - and the Semiconductor c...
Posted:18/01/15 10:49 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back