Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: Clive Maxfield     Articles(320)     Visits(232443)     Comments(61)     Votes(212)     RSS
There is so much amazingly cool "stuff" to see and do that I'm amazed I find the time to get any real work done. In my blog I will waffle on about the books I'm reading, the projects I'm building, and the weird and wonderful websites I blunder across. Please Email Me if you see anything you think will "tickle my fancy."
Blog Archive
2014 -  Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2012 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   May.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
Posted: 04:08:09 PM, 21/08/2014
Hmmm, it appears that the title of this column has the potential to be a tad confusing. I'm not talking about music suppressors that are really annoying -- I'm more concerned with finding something that can help me suppress really annoying music. Let me elucidate (don't try this at hom......

Vote(0)

Views(7)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 06:12:54 PM, 20/08/2014
Several days ago, my chum Shakeel from Blue Pearl Software and I were discussing the plethora of interfaces available to designers today and the challenges that arise when FPGA and ASIC designers implement designs with many clocks.   Out of all the challenges, perhaps the most challenging i......

Vote(0)

Views(9)

Posted: 04:31:13 PM, 14/08/2014
Ever since I was a young lad, I've been enthralled by the haunting tones of the Theremin. Of course, things have come a long way since this instrument was invented in 1919 by the Russian physicist and musician Leon Theremin.     Quite apart from anything else, it is no longer ob......

Vote(0)

Views(66)

Posted: 04:10:14 PM, 13/08/2014
Over the last couple of weeks, I have been having a lot of fun implementing a simple audio spectrum analyser using a pair of MSGEQ7 chips (designed by Mixed Signal Integration and purchased from SparkFun). For the digital processing and control portion of the system, I'm using a chipKIT MAX32 ......

Vote(0)

Views(48)

Posted: 02:54:52 PM, 08/08/2014
Good grief! I wonder where time goes. It seems like only a couple of days ago that I was waffling on about my MSGEQ7-Based DIY Audio Spectrum Analyser. However, the sands of time have wended their way through the hourglass, as is their wont; the days have turned into weeks; and thus we find oursel......

Vote(0)

Views(140)

Posted: 11:42:49 PM, 18/07/2014
Well, I'm pleased to say that things are bouncing along with regard to my Bodacious Acoustic Diagnostic Astoundingly Superior Spectromatic (BADASS) display project. As I discussed in this blog, the plan for my first-pass incarnation of this project is to use an Arduino Mega microcontroller pla......

Vote(1)

Views(107)

Posted: 07:12:50 PM, 07/08/2014
A few years ago, I won a pocket knife as part of a "Dirty Santa" game at a family Christmas party. This little scamp was a Buck 730 X-Tract. In addition to an incredibly strong and sharp blade, this little beauty also included two screwdrivers, a small set of pliers, and a doohickey for ......

Vote(1)

Views(96)

Posted: 06:44:08 PM, 06/08/2014
Do you worry about the possibility of a Zombie Apocalypse or do you scoff at the thought of such an eventuality? If the latter, would you be surprised to hear that the US military has an elaborate plan should a Zombie Apocalypse befall the country? This is detailed in an unclassified document titl......

Vote(1)

Views(58)

Posted: 11:49:08 PM, 18/07/2014
Several days ago, Menta of Montpellier, France, announced that it had selected IEEE-compliant Verilog, SystemVerilog, and VHDL parsers from Verific to serve as the front-end to Menta's Origami Designer and Origami Programmer tools used to create embedded FPGAs for SoC designs.   On the ......

Vote(2)

Views(145)

Posted: 07:20:52 PM, 10/07/2014
As you are surely aware (unless you've been living under a rock), I am enamoured with things like Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (in the form of games like Obduction and headsets like the Oculus Rift).   Well, I just received a message from my chum Rich Quinnell, who is the Edito......

Vote(0)

Views(88)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• The search for the right entreprene...
Posted:01/08/14 03:46 PM
• When engineers say one thing but do...
Posted:10/07/14 07:33 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• How secure is the IoT?
Posted:20/08/14 06:53 PM
• NXP joins the audio jack connection
Posted:05/06/14 09:17 PM

• Semiconductor industry goes past $3...
Posted:05/12/13 09:57 PM
• Is Moore's Law still relevant? Does...
Posted:11/08/13 02:56 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back