Global Sources
EE Times AsiaWebsite
Stay in touch with EE Times Asia
eeBlogs Home / eeBlog / eeBlogs
Nickname: eeInvestigations     Articles(81)     Visits(50225)     Comments(4)     Votes(50)     RSS
Engineering Investigations creates blog space for engineers to describe how they cracked a baffling technical problem and talk about ingenious solutions they developed to solve it. It celebrates your achievements and inspires others to follow suit.
Blog Archive
2014 -  Nov.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   Mar.,   Feb.,   Jan.  
2013 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.,   Aug.,   Jul.,   Jun.,   Apr.,   Mar.,   Feb.  
2012 -  Dec.,   Nov.,   Oct.,   Sep.  
Posted: 08:53:27 PM, 14/11/2014
Non-volatile flash memory (NVMe) has been utilised to increase the performance of high-end servers for years, notably pioneered by Fusion IO. Today, NVMe is becoming the preferred technology for flash storage and the all-flash datacenter. As NVMe adoption increases, other elements of usability wil......

Vote(0)

Views(104)

View Article    Comment(0)

Posted: 09:32:40 PM, 12/09/2013
At the end of the previous instalment of this experts' roundtable, we were discussing the number of IP companies being bought by EDA companies. We continue to explore the relationship between IP developers and EDA companies here. Taking part in today's discussion are Warren Savage, CEO of ......

Vote(0)

Views(328)

Posted: 06:23:33 PM, 24/09/2013
In the previous instalment of this experts' roundtable we covered the advantages EDA companies may have in developing and licensing IP. Today we turn our attention to IP integration issues. Taking part in today's discussion are: Mike Gianfagna, vice president of corporate marketing at Atre......

Vote(0)

Views(328)

Posted: 09:35:44 PM, 09/12/2013
I am quite happy to announce that the Playstation 3 controller has been modded and has been delivered to someone who needs it. If you don't remember the entire story, check out Part 1 where I asked for ideas on how to modify the controller for someone with muscular dystrophy. Getting to a pr......

Vote(0)

Views(413)

Posted: 04:02:24 PM, 26/11/2013
In my free time I run the website Thecontrollerproject.com. It is a project in which volunteer tinkerers customise existing interfaces at the request of people with specific physical challenges. Often, it is a game controller that needs to be made. Unfortunately, insurance companies don't cove......

Vote(0)

Views(287)

Posted: 06:37:24 PM, 23/01/2014
At DesignCon last year, Al Neves, the self-proclaimed signal integrity (SI) Practitioner shared that he uses airlines every week. He's also the Chief Technologist with Wild River Technology. Of course Al is referring not to taking a plane every week, but to using the specially constructed prec......

Vote(0)

Views(195)

Posted: 04:29:57 PM, 06/02/2014
These days, life is a wonderful thing for the open hardware hacker and hobbyist. Ten years ago, electronic industry professionals could have only dreamed of development kits such as the Arduino, BeagleBone, and Raspberry Pi. However, today we must face the problem we faced in the past—buildi......

Vote(3)

Views(858)

Posted: 05:53:20 PM, 20/02/2014
A comment that is even vaguely critical of industry in China always seems to be welcomed by an avalanche of responses in its defence. Often, they fight fire with fire, and so I write this blog with some trepidation. Let me say at the outset that all my experiences are based on the statistically ......

Vote(1)

Views(322)

Posted: 06:51:31 PM, 04/03/2014
There is a general rule that you can never have too many LEDs in your project. In this project, we're interested in only a single LED—the LED is the project.   The home made OLED shining bright. Ian Hanschen decided that he wanted to create an OLED from scratch. After research......

Vote(3)

Views(508)

Posted: 05:24:35 PM, 07/03/2014
There are indeed happy accidents. In this case, the accident happened to be dropping a surface mount resistor into a hole on a PCB. It fit perfectly, which gave Kevin Bateske the inspiration to incorporate this concept into a project. The lucky recipient of this design method was the Arduboy, an ......

Vote(1)

Views(405)

Have Your Say!

Bloggers Say

Got something to say? Why not share it with other engineers?

Just introduce yourself to us, we'll contact you and set you up. Yes, it's that simple!

See what engineers like you are posting on our pages.

eeBlogs

• Ensuring continued professional dev...
Posted:01/10/13 08:39 PM
• Christmas lights: Worst connector e...
Posted:14/12/13 02:36 PM

• LCD inventor shook things up at DAR...
Posted:07/12/12 10:32 AM
• Robotics passion inspires Android c...
Posted:29/11/12 04:38 PM

• The perils of software/hardware hom...
Posted:18/09/14 05:39 PM
• How secure is the IoT?
Posted:20/08/14 06:53 PM

• Semiconductor industry goes past $3...
Posted:05/12/13 09:57 PM
• Is Moore's Law still relevant? Does...
Posted:11/08/13 02:56 PM
Interviews & Viewpoints

Talk

Learn how senior executives are seeing the industry from interviews and contributed opinions.

Back